Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Letting Him in the Nooks and Crannies; Becoming a vessel of Honor through Trials

Have you ever had areas of your life you don't want to let the Lord into? You think it's okay to hold onto whatever it is...some idol, habit, sin etc? Well....over the last month the Lord has really been dealing with my heart and opening my eyes to see that there were certain areas of my life I was not surrendering to Him.

"2 Count it all joy, my brothers,[a] when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing". *James 1:2-4


Even though it's never pleasant to come to the realization of this, it's so important so that we can continue to be molded and shaped in His image. I am very grateful for the Lord's work in my life and I am so grateful that He is the Potter and we the clay...he does put the pressure on, he does allow us to feel the heat, He does allow us to be inundated with trials and suffering at times, but all these things produce something wonderful in us that supersedes the temporal.

 "But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand. *Isaiah 64:8

Today, if you find yourself in a trial, or you are suffering something that you don't see any good or value in,  I pray for you and for me, that we will trust our Potter to mold us and shape us into something beautiful; a vessel of honor He can use and also that He will enable us to continually see our need for Him. We must learn to be humble..sometimes we get caught up in our own affairs and don't seek His face, especially when things are going great. Then when we are hit with something and unprepared, we dare shake our fist at God and ask Why? I realize I have no reason to ask Why, because He is the Potter and I'm the clay...He knows exactly what He is doing and all I need to do is trust Him.

"Trust in the Lord with our heart, Lean not on our own understanding, in all things acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths, *Proverbs 3:5-6

 "Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work".*2 Timothy 2:21

No comments:

Post a Comment