Tuesday, April 16, 2013

He is Sweet- Delight in Jesus

"Delight Yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of Your heart" *Psalms 37:4

We can take delight in so many things, can't we? We may delight; 
  • In the company of loved ones
  • Material blessings
  • Good news
  • Promotions
  • Reconciliation 
  • Healing
  • A vacation
  • Bountiful and delicious food
You name it,  there are so many things the Lord blesses us with that we delight in. None of these thing are bad, but we would be more satisfied eternally in the depths of our soul if we would make more time to delight in the Lord.

Lately, the Lord has been revealing idols in my life, He's been showing me areas that I had not surrendered to Him and things in my life that I've cared about that I made more important than Him. Through this time of conviction and revelation, my eyes have been opened and I've been reminded that there is no greater thing, situation or person to delight in than Jesus...just like the woman at the well who could never be satisfied in relationships and she jumped from one to the other, or the rich young ruler loved his riches and was unwilling to give them up he went away sorrowful..because they were focused on the things of this world.


*PSALM 1:1-4

1 Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose DELIGHT is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.

*PHILIPPIANS 3:12-21
12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.
17 Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. 18 For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

We do live in the world, but we are not of it as His children. This earth is not our permanent home,we're simply passing thru. If we don't prepare our hearts to worship our Lord in Heaven, we are missing out. We will be worshiping Him for all eternity, so why not start now?

Let's delight in Him! Let's delight in His word! Let's delight in the His attributes! Let's delight in the truth that He paid the highest price for us to be with Him ! He cleansed us, washed us clean and gave us hope for a new life; justified and sanctified by Him alone! Join me in delighting in Him! If you are like me and get caught up...may we slow down and take a moment to ponder His goodness and delight in Him and taste the goodness that is Jesus!

"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him"! *Psalm 34:8



I will DELIGHT in your statutes; I will not forget your word.  *Psa 94:19


When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your  consolations DELIGHT my soul.*Psalm 119:16









Your testimonies are my DELIGHT; they are my counselors. *Psalm 119:24

 Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I DELIGHT in it. *Psalm 119:35

I shall DELIGHT in Your commandments, Which I love. *Psalm 119:47





SONGS OF PRAISE! Check them out, if you'd like!!! :)
When I get there- Kirk Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment