Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Making the Time
We can make time for things we love to do…we will make time for hobbies,
we will make time for fellowship, facebook etc. But, making time to
sit, be still and dive into the Lord’s Word seems to become the greatest
obstacle.. Doesn’t it? I find that I will make time for what I really
want to do…so does that mean I really don’t want to spend time with
Jesus? That makes me question my love and devotion to Him.. The truth is
I love Jesus, I love Who He is and What He’s done in my life and I love
His forgiveness, mercy and grace.. but to be truthful I think I take
advantage of it and honestly that just isn’t right. I can time and
again, sense Him beckoning me to come, sit, talk to Him, but I am busy
buzzing around doing this, that and the other thing. We’ve been learning
about Being Doers, and not just Hearers of the Word of God.. I’ve been
hearing this at Women’s Bible study, I heard it last Wednesday via a
young missionary who shared his testimony and I heard it last Sunday by
my Pastor and now the most wonderful example to me personally is my
husband, who has been making the time and reading the Word.. I am so
blessed that He does and it just convicts me. I can be a total pharisee,
hypocrite; speaking Christianese, smiling and acting like all is
okay…when my soul is thirsty and that thirst hasn’t been quenched
because I’ve not been washed by the water of God’s Holy Word. Today, in
fact after this post, to my embarrassment, I am going to sit, quiet
myself, journal and dive into the Word. There is no way I can live for
Jesus without God’s Word. It’s impossible. He said, “Man does not live
by bread alone, but by every word that comes from God” Lord God, forgive
me for making everything else more important than You. You are more
precious than anything this world can offer, and I’ve foolishly
squandered time that should’ve been at Your feet. Give your children the
desire for Your word, the discipline to make a commitment to study and
the passion to continue. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh goodness, Johanna. Preach it sister. Haha. This really hits home, like you my hubby is such a great example. He's such an incredible Godly man, and sometimes I feel too unworthy to have him. Your post reminds me of the story of Mary and Martha. Like Martha, I seem to always be too busy to just sit and listen to God. I think Satan has a great way of totally distracting us when we make time with God. This is something I need to work on, and it's such an encouragement that other people struggle with this as well. You rock, and I love your honesty!
ReplyDeleteWe really do get so easily distracted! Don't we? I wish that wasn't the case! It is a blessing to have a Godly Husband who sets a great example. So cool you can be blessed by that. I'm with you sister! I need to slow down and just Be still and be with Jesus! Lots of love and hugs!
Delete