"He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When
they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has
given us". *2 Corinthians 1:4
Today I am remembering a little life that was being knit within. A little life that I was unable to know this side of Heaven. I'm thinking of a little life that only the Lord knows why He took home to be with Him in Heaven. A year ago today I experienced something very emotionally trying and draining. It was an experience only the Lord could have carried me through with such love, comfort and peace. It was a time to not ask why, but to say, "I trust You and Your Sovereign will". This little life was with me for about 8-10 wks and then left me to be with Jesus and wait to be reunited with me when I make it home. To my Angel Baby, I never knew if you were a girl or a boy, I know the names I picked for either and I don't think I can give those names to another. I remember you and I also remember how wonderful an how during that time God gave me peace, the peace that truly surpasses my understanding. I knew what that meant during this time. Thank You Jesus for loving me, for carrying me, for covering me and for surrounding me with loving sisters in Christ to just be with me.
A miscarriage is not a comfortable thing to talk about. It is not an easy thing to explain or to understand. I'd heard about them but had no idea, until I had to go through it a year ago. It was tough, because I found out the night before my husband had to get on a plane to leave for 3 weeks of intensive training for the USMC. I would remain home with my toddler son. There were times of sadness, times of tears and times of solitude...and yet there were times of fellowship, praising Jesus and laughter in the midst of a painful time, because the Lord gave me joy in the midst of the trial.
Today I can look back and I can know that I was not alone, I was loved, I was encouraged, I was lifted up and I was given truth daily by my Loving Savior. He gave me truth to cling to, that I would not doubt His goodness, His omniscience..that I would not question that His ways were higher..He gave me all that I needed and although, as I am reminded of the little life that left me..I know that we will be reunited again in Heaven.
Thank You Jesus for the comfort that You've gave and have continually given. For now, when You present me with a soul that hurts and grieves the loss of a little life within, I pray I can comfort them with the comfort You gave me.. that they would know they are not alone.
Dear Jesus,
I pray for anyone who has ever had a miscarriage.. I pray that You would heal and mend their hearts. I pray that they would place their hope in You and that they would cry out to You, because You love them. I pray that they would trust You, because You are Sovereign and there is nothing You allow in our life without it having been filtered through Your grace. Thank You Lord for Who You are, and may we as hard as it may be, praise You still. In Jesus Name. Amen.
This song helped me during that time and still blesses my heart, may it bring comfort to you, if you are in need.
Steady My Heart by Kari Jobe
No comments:
Post a Comment